Tuesday, August 5, 2008

He alone can satisfy

"The sovereign God wants to be loved for Himself and honored for Himself, but that is only part of what He wants. The other part is that He wants us to know that when we have Him we have everything -- we have all the rest."
A.W. Tozer


"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves."-- Dwight L. Moody

I learned today, through a situation, that God is the only one who satisfies. I know what it is like to feel like something is missing. Unfortunately, even since I've been saved. When we are not living for God, we are not fulfilling our purpose and, therefore, are not going to be truly satisfied with anything in life. Other things may bring temporary pleasure and happiness but will never fill the void inside. Worldly music, as I have learned, may bring a smile to our face and change our mood but when I get done listening to it, I don't feel any different... except maybe sad, or mad, or irritable for what seems to be no reason at all. It does nothing for me. That's why the music industry is constantly coming up with new songs and new styles of music. Unless you listen to the oldies station, you will not hear a song that was popular a year ago or more very often.
Having a boyfriend doesn't satisfy unless it's God's will. No matter who your boyfriend is or how long you've been together or how "In looooove" you think you are.... he can never completely satisfy you. That completion and satisfaction can only come from God and from being in His perfect will. So before you give you heart away to him, you better make SURE it is God's will. (Get your feelings out of the way and PRAY)
Money cannot satisfy. A new truck cannot satisfy. Popularity cannot satisfy. It may make you feel good for a while... feed your pride... but when it's all said and done you will be lonely and empty.
Isa 58:11-And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
Ezek 7:19- They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.
Ps 55:22-Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and HE shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
John 6:35-And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
John 7:37-If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
John 4:13-14- Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

He is the only one who can satisfy the longing in our soul. Have you ever felt that longing. Just like there is something missing... Maybe you are out of His will. Maybe he just simply wants you to draw closer to Him. Don't reach out to other things. They will only bring an empty feeling. Let Jesus fill you! Get in His word and read it like a love letter. Talk to Him.
Maybe you're feeling this emptiness and void because you've never been saved. Your life is dry and barren and you keep turning to the well of sin and the well of the world to satisfy that thirst but it keeps coming back. Turn to Him. You will never thirst again. (See God's plan of salvation at the bottom of the page. :))
Thank you, Lord, for showing me this truth today. Help me to remember it.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for the reminder, Jen.
Love, Mom

Calvary said...

Jen, You have no idea how much that helped me. We had a youth group from North Carolina, and I thought I'd met someone who could make me happy. I was wrong. When he left, I just felt dumb and alone. This post really helped me.
Thanks!