Saturday, September 12, 2009

He is enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am taking a Ladies Biblical Counseling class in school this year. One of the things we have to do in the class is called a "stroke file". We have to write down 3 things we are thankful to God for 3 times a day. So that's 9 blessings a day. Then on the other side we have to write down 3 things a day that we are thankful for about someone who kind of annoys us or that we don't get along with. We have to do it until like mid-October I think! But I think it will be good for me.
We are also reading a book called "Lies women believe, and the truth that sets them free". I think that's the name of it. It has been good so far. I have read 2 chapters and then looked ahead to the rest of the book. I can't wait to finish it. I think it will be a lot of help.
This past chapter was about the lies women believe about God. I discovered that one lie I believe about God (or at least portray that I believe it through the way I live) is that "God is not always enough". Sometimes I start thinking that God is not really all I need. I need a husband and lots of friends and support from those around me and plenty of money to where I don't have to go with out anything. I get to thinking that I need God plus this or that. The book took me to the Bible, to Psalm 23 and Colossians (I can't remember the reference and don't have a Bible handy) and showed me that I am only complete in Him! If I have Christ, I have need of nothing else. Hebrews 13:5- "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee..... be content with such things as ye have." If we have Christ and he has promised to never leave us, we have every reason to be content! He IS enough! ALWAYS!
This truth brings to light this point-
If God is all I need and I am complete in Him, then what point is there in looking for satisfaction anywhere else?! What point is there for me to look for some sort of completion in a guy or in lots of friends? Do I really need to be supported by those around me in order to have everything I need and be content? Is there any need to worry when I don't have enough money? God is all I need and I have Him! If I have nothing else in this world... no ONE else... I still have all I need. He will never leave me nor forsake me. All I have to worry about is ME leaving HIM.
I have someone on my heart (actually a couple of people) who I know are looking for satisfaction in things like money, cars, partying, friends, someone of the opposite gender, possibly even alcohol and other things.... I pray that they wake up and realize where that is leading to.... more emptiness! God is ALL you need. You are not going to be complete outside of Him. If you are not doing what he created you to do, if you are not in His will that he made you for, how do you expect to feel whole and like your life has purpose?!?!?!?! He designed you to be dependent on Him. All those other things (while not all are bad) will not bring lasting satisfaction.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Well put and very good post. Love you and hope you are having good days at school.
Love Mom