Saturday, August 6, 2011

O yeah! I forgot!...

Wow! It has been sooooooo long since I've written. 2 years! I don't even know if anyone still checks this site. Much has happened over the last couple years. I graduated from Heartland and worked for a year in Arkansas teaching in a Christian daycare and pre-k. It was a great learning experience for me and I learned a lot! But after much prayer I decided that it was not the place for me to stay. I moved to the state of Washington just a couple of months ago. I moved in with my best friend from college. We have a nice apartment and I am currently looking for a job.

I feel bad for not keeping up with this site. Over the past couple of years tho, I really haven't been in a position to write. And when I maybe was at a spiritual point where I could have written, I simply didn't make time to. There have been many ups and downs over the last 2 years...sadly- probably more downs. And in the past week or so I have really grown tired of all the down times. Times when I get discouraged or let sin into my life. Maybe I let the wrong music start to creep back in and let television take over reality. Maybe I start to let my emotions control my life (a constant struggle for me as I am a very emotional person) and therefore get easily discouraged and down in the dumps. When this happens I start questioning God and wondering why I do what I do....why I bother to live the Christian life at all. This was the point I was at a while back. So, as you can see, I didn't feel I had anything to say that would be a help to anyone. I still don't feel like I necessarily do.

But I did realize something this morning that I thought I might share. (Remembered it, is more what I did). Romans 6:11- "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." Reckon means to remember. The reason that so many down times come in my life, the reason that I let sin back in, the reason I get discouraged and start questioning God is because I've forgotten! I have forgotten that I'm dead to those sins. I have forgotten that Jesus broke the power that those things had over my life when He saved me. I do not have to give in to those temptations and I do not have to let those things get me down! If I would just remember that I'm dead to those things and alive to God then I believe there would be a lot more up times. (And therefore, more posting on my blog! lol)

This is why it is so important for us to renew our minds daily with God's Word. It all makes so much sense. We become more forgetful of our redemption from sin when we get away from God's Word. And Psalm 119 tells us that hiding God's Word in our hearts keeps us from sin. It sounds so simple but it's so difficult for me to do. Just daily spend time with God. Lord, help me.

"Of all the things God wants for us, loving Him and focusing on Him are the most important."- Charles Stanley

"We can be tired, weary, and emotionally distraught but after spending time alone with God, we find that he injects into our bodies energry, power, and strength."- Charles Stanley

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm still here, and I know exactly what you're talking about. I let the sin come back in (if it ever really left at all) and spent too many years away from the Lord. It was not until about 6 years ago that I made a conscience choice to live for the Lord DAILY that the down times were not so down. Some thing that helped me was understanding the differnce between happiness and joy. Happiness is based on the things that are "happening" around you, but the "joy" comes from the Lord. I chose joy because I cant always control what happens around me but I can always find the Joy of the Lord in everything.
Glad to see you back!
Love & Prayers
Carrie

Tammy said...

Focus is the key. When we take our eyes of the Holy One we forget. when we don't stay in His Word our eyes, ears and heart grow dim to remembering the good and what is right.