Monday, January 12, 2009

Waiting.....

Brother Ted Inman preached a message the other day about Joshua and the walls of Jericho. He talked about how strange it must have sounded for God to tell them to march around the city a certain amount of times and then blow trumpets and yell and the walls were just gonna fall down at their feet. Bro. Ted pointed out that the only reason the walls fell was because Joshua obeyed and believed. He did what God told him to do, even though he didn't understand, and believed that God would do what was best.
Then he talked about some of the walls we face in our lives. Today I just want to talk about one wall. I will post about the rest at separate times.
The wall of Waiting-
We all have times in our lives when we are waiting for God to work. Some are waiting for healing, some are waiting on financial provision, some are waiting for lost loved ones to come to know Christ. Personally, I'm waiting on the Lord to show me who I'm supposed to marry. Sometimes it can feel like it is NEVER going to happen. I get discouraged about that sometimes. It seems so far away. But I must just trust God. I have to just do what he tells me to do right now, which is go to Heartland, major in elementary ed., learn to love others better, get to know Him better, do my devotions, pray etc.... I just have to obey and BELIEVE that God has a plan and will do what is best for me. This exact same concept can apply in any of the above-listed situations.
"It's hard to rest within His will, It's hard to trust and just be still, It's hard to simply wait until it's all made plain.... But He who holds us in His hands has no problems... only plans. He works in all things.... for His own glory and our best good."
Hope this was a help to someone. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Calvary said...

Thanks for another great post! It's always a blessing to read your blog. I'm at that wall of waiting in my life... I'm trying to find God's will for my life. Sometimes I think I'm searching too hard. When it's time God will show me.

Thanks again!

Tammy said...

Thanks for the reminder. I needed it today.