Friday, December 11, 2009

I just took my last final EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Today begins the Christmas break and ends the first semester of my senior year here at Heartland. I haven't blogged in a while.... Honestly, I've been kinda backslidden. I have just been caught up in the things I have to do and the end of the year. But God has a way of bringing us back to our knees and reminding us of our dependence on him. He has certainly done that. Lots of things are going on right now and it's going to be a little stressful. Thankfully, it all happened at the end of the year so I have time to get things straightened out and work extra hours at work. I'm just praying for God's grace and mercy.
In Hebrews, it says "We have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities..... therefore let us come boldly before the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
I don't deserve help from God right now but all I can do is confess sin and come before him asking for grace and mercy for my time of need.
Well, this was just kind of an explanation of why I haven't written and a transparent post but I do have some things I want to post about soon so check back!

5 comments:

Dakota Covey said...

Hey, I'm so glad I found your blog!! Do you like Heartland? We had Bro. Davidson (spelling?) at our church 4 Mission's Conference, and my Pastor graduated from there!!

sarahc

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

Our church has a young man at Heartland. We get to hear some music from there a couple of times each year, too. He's a senior, so we'll need to encourage another from our church to attend Heartland next to continue that tradition. Enjoy your time home!

Tammy said...

Hold on - Help is on the way! It will all work out.
Love you,
Mom

Jen said...

I love Heartland. It's a great school w/ great teachers and probably the best part is hearing Bro. Sam Davison preach all the time. Plus other great men like Jason Gadis and Ted Inman. The preaching is awesome.

Jen said...

What is the young man's name? I may know him.