Saturday, October 31, 2009

He is working

"There are all kinds of circumstances on the road of life
I've had some sorrow, some trouble and strife
On my own I can't find my way to the Father's will
That's why I've learned to stand still

While I'm waiting God is working
He is working over time
While I'm hiding in the bushes
He is on the firing line
When I think the battle's over
When my back's against the wall
While I'm waiting God is working
He is working through it all

He's an ever present help in time of trouble in my life
He is my shelter my song in the night
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer
I know that he's always there"
-Legacy five

God is so merciful. Even when we are running from the storm, He is faithful and no matter what the circumstance, He is never removed from His throne. He is working in everything.... EVERYTHING, for our good and for His glory.

"When we worship the Lord, let’s remember that He is in control. Nothing alarms Him, or takes Him by surprise. Nothing is too big for Him to handle, or so small it escapes His attention. When the winds of my world begin to blow, He remains seated. When raging waves surround me, He governs their temper…I need not be moved … Because the Lord is seated and sovereign…He alone is sovereign."
- Ronald James -
"Take comfort, and recollect however little you and I may know,God knows; He knows Himself and you and me and all things; andHis mercy is over all His works." -- Charles Kingsley

I just need to wait on Him and keep serving Him and let Him work. He is always there. He is always working. He is faithful, even when we are not. Stop trying to find your own way through circumstances. Stand Still. Wait. Let Him work!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Some days all we can do is stand still and wait. That's OK as long as we know He's still there moving about us and working in us. Good post. Hey, ya need to update your stuff on the margin - Johnny is not 16 anymore!!!