Monday, September 8, 2008

Real Love

Pastor Sam Davison preached a sermon yesterday on Romans 12:9. He preached about love without dissimulation. Dissimulation means hypocrisy. It has to do with being fake. This was so convicting for me. I have such a problem with fake people. It's like a pet peeve. I hate finding out that people are not what I thought they were and that seems to be happening a lot lately!!!!!!!!! But the Lord convicted me yesterday about my own love for people and for Him. I don't want my love for Him to ever be fake but I am afraid it sometimes gets that way. It all comes down to pride- wanting people to THINK I love the Lord, when in all reality, on the inside, I'm as far away from Him as I can be. (Just being totally honest right now) I really want to work on loving Him for the right reasons. I'm praying that the Lord will help me to truly fall in love with Him.
I was also convicted about my love for others. One of my biggest fears in life (not even joking) is that people talk bad about me when I leave the room. Yet, I find myself sometimes doing that very thing to others or at least listening to it. I KNOW! Despicable! I also have been really having a bad attitude in my heart towards a few people that either annoy me very much or who have hurt me. But since I heard that sermon, I'm praying that the Lord would TEACH me how to love them. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to love these people on my own! (Sad to say) But I'm praying that God will love them THROUGH me. I think it's going to be my theme for this year- "Love without dissimulation". I plan to do a study on the subject of love in my devotions.

"If stupid people fret me and the little ruffles set me on edge, Then I know nothing of Calvary's love. If by doing some work which the undiscerning consider "not spiritual work" I can best help others, and I inwardly rebel, thinking it is the spiritual for which I crave, when in truth it is the interest and exciting, then I know nothing of Calvary love. If souls can suffer alongside, and I hardly know it, because the spirit of discernment is not in me, then I know nothing of Calvary love." Amy Carmichael

No comments: