Thursday, May 21, 2009

HOME!

I'm finally home from college and I couldn't be more thrilled! I needed a break from OKC that's for sure. This past year seemed so different. It seems like every year things get more difficult or maybe it's just that the problems are so different. My freshman year school work was hard and I dealt a lot with homesickness. Sophomore year, first semester was good although I let myself get very distracted. Second semester was hard and I did a lot of crying. But at least I had my best friends and we still had our good times. This year... the whole year... things just got worse and worse. I struggled with my own spiritual battles and then big time homesickness, and fighting with friends... one of my friends got a guy and that was different... especially since it was an over-the-phone relationship since he did not go to Heartland. It didn't help that I was roommates with her. So it's just been a different year... I struggled with things that I never really had to deal with before. But through it all, I think that I learned A LOT! This has probably been the most growing time for me at college. So I am thankful for that. But I'm still just thankful to be done and to be able to rest a little. It turns out that growing is a tiring process.
I still have to have a job this summer. I will be working at the same daycare I did last summer. I also have a lot of plans to stay busy. I want to lose a little weight this summer by walking around the track in town. I want to do a lot more cooking and get better at that. I will be taking turns with another lady in the church teaching children's church and teaching the pre-k and k vbs class for a week. I'm excited though.
Well... hopefully I will do a better job at keeping up with this over the summer. I will try to post tomorrow.
"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired."
"When you stop growing, you start dying... Nobody ever arrives."
"Growing up is a process, not an event."

1 comment:

Tammy said...

You bet growing is a tiring process! But it is best when you learn young and get it straight before it is harder to change.