Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Numbered Days

I read yesterday in Psalm 90:12 about how our days are numbered. I have read that verse before but for some reason it has been stuck in my head the past 2 days. I think the reason we (including myself) do not do more for God is because we don't realize how little time we have. It amazed me when I stopped and thought about how much time I wasted each day just doing... literally nothing. I think we all need to learn to seize the day. Make every day count!
"To know the value of a day, ask someone who lost someone on September 11Th.
To know the value of an hour, ask a high school student about to take a major test.
To know the value of a minute, ask a man who just missed his plane.
To know the value of a second, ask an Olympic swimmer who just won the silver medal."
Time is so valuable! Ephesians 5:16- "Redeeming the time, because the days are evil."
I think of how much time I wasted in high school on so many stupid things. Boys were definitely a problem... goodness! I hate to admit it but guys were even a time waster for me last semester in school. But after reading this verse, I really want to work hard and hopefully (through God's grace) not focus on any guys when I go back to school. I need to trust that if God wants me to be married then he will bring the right person into my life in HIS time. I don't need to go looking for him and try really hard to get him. " A LADY SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK GOD TO FIND HER." That's an awesome saying! I pray that guys will no longer be a distraction from "redeeming the time." I don't have time to worry about them... MY DAYS ARE NUMBERED!
I also spent so many years afraid of what other people thought. I was so self-conscious and must admit I still struggle with it. I worry all the time about looking stupid! Well, for those of you who also wrestle with this, here is what I've learned: If you spend so much time worrying about looking stupid or sounding stupid, you will never learn to enjoy life! Stop worrying about what others think! I'm telling myself this too. You will enjoy life so much more if you learn to let go of your fear of others and seize the moment. You will miss out on so many memories if you don't! Remember- Your days are numbered! Don't spend them sitting on the sidelines because you are afraid! GO! DO! GET INVOLVED in something! You won't regret it!
Well, that's what I learned today. Hope it is a help to someone! :)

No comments: