Friday, July 4, 2008

Bless God America!

One of my favorite sermons that my dad has ever preached was one called "Bless God America". After 9-11 everyone was running around saying "God bless America!" And Yes, we should want God's blessing on America but how can a nation so wicked ask for God's blessing? Maybe, instead, we should be saying "Bless God, America". 2 Chron 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; THEN will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." Maybe, if America's Christian people would learn to bless God (try to please him), then God will continue to bless America in the way he so greatly has.
How great it is to live in a free country! Thank you, Lord, that I was born in America! Thank you that you allowed it to become a free country on this day so many years ago!
Happy Fourth Of July everyone! :)

No comments: