Saturday, July 19, 2008

My quirks

My mom tagged me with this thing where I'm supposed to post 6 quirky things about myself. So here we go. Some of them might just be little known facts and not necessarily quirky but oh well...
1. I'm a big time movie quoter! lol- If it's a movie I liked I can quote just about the whole thing. (I have a pretty good memory like that) And me and my mom and brother and friends quote movies ALL the time, whenever it fits into a conversation. Sometimes I will do that with people who have no idea what I'm talking about and I get some really weird looks. I just tell them "It's from a movie..."
2. I have a genuine phobia of birds. Anything with feathers. When I was little, my brother was literally attacked by a rooster. Ever since then, they seriously scare me to death. I'm a grown woman now, and if you bring a bird anywhere near me, I will probably scream and run in the other direction. lol Ostriches are the devil! And turkeys are evil too.
3. My parents and brother and I are Andy Griffith addicts! We have dvds of that show and watch them over and over and over, and it's also something that we like to quote often. ("He's a nut!"- Barney Fife's words of Earnest T. Bass. And- "I said you could stay but not on the bed!"- What Otis says to the imaginary elephant in his cell on the episode 'Otis the Hot Rod'- One of my favorite episodes.)
4. I pick at my nails when I get nervous talking to someone and I shake really bad when I have to have a confrontation with someone. Oh! And I have a really hard time making eye contact with people unless I'm really comfortable with them. If I can make eye contact with you for longer than 2 seconds, you should feel special. We must be getting pretty close. lol
5. I have a hard time thinking of things to talk about with people unless I feel really close to them but I could sit down and write them a 10 page letter. I love to write.
6. I am a picky eater (although I'm getting better at trying new things... Thanks Amy and Josh!) and I don't eat Strawberries or cherries but I love just about anything strawberry or cherry flavored except ice cream. Weird I know. lol
Well, there ya go. Don't know who would care to read that but hey, now you know a little more about me. How much of that did you already know? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How much of that did I already know? Half of it - I knew about your movie quoting, your Andy Griffith infatuation, and your picky eatingness. But now I know more, and I promise to never bring a bird near you (especially since I'm not supposed to be around birds for medical reasons - seems like I have an eye disease from raising chickens as a kid; it's in remission now, but can come back if I'm near birds).