Thursday, July 10, 2008

I love my job!

I was kissed by a handsome boy today! lol...Let me explain... I work at a daycare with the Infants and Toddlers and I have really become attached to those kids. Today was a great day. We bought a baby pool to put in our playground and today was our first day to use it. The kids loved it! It was so much fun to help them play in the water. Its so neat, too, to have them come running to you when they get hurt (lol not that its neat that they get hurt) but just how they come to you and want you to kiss it and make it all better. I love how they laugh and dance and play peek-a-boo. I seriously just love kids! I love having a job where I can laugh all the time. Those kids just crack me up. And today, I was down to 2 kids by 4:30 which is unusual. One of them is my favorite little girl. She is one year old and she is ADORABLE! And she loves me to death for some reason. Probably because she is always the last one to leave and we get to spend some quality time together at the end of the day. I was chasing her around the room and she was laughing so hard. Then we were making weird faces at each other and dancing together (to little kid music... and all we were doing was bobbing our heads and spinning in circles and bouncing up and down) It was so fun! How many people get paid to do such fun things. And then the other little kid was a blond haired, blue-eyed boy, and one of the cutest there ever was. He was getting cranky so I put a bink in his mouth and wrapped him in a blanket and rocked him. He just laid in my arms and stared up at me with those pretty blue eyes. The kid seriously stared into my eyes for like 5 minutes straight. It was so cute! And right before he left he gave me one of those toddler kisses! lol- one of those mouth wide open, drool all over your face kisses. But it was so adorable. I don't usually write about my every day life like this but I just wanted to say how much I love my job. I can't wait to someday have my own kids, Lord willing.
Well, I hope everyone loves their job as much as I do... Even though it wears me out sometimes and I say "NO NO" a lot, its so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Until today, it's been "forever" since I've read your blog or your mom's. I'm glad you love your job. I believe that if we look, everyone can find something about their job that they can love. Even when I worked in a shoe factory, I loved the people I worked with, and the opportunity to tell others about what Jesus did, and does, for me. Remind me, and I'll tell you about a miracle He did for me at the factory one day.