Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Confusion!

"If you refuse to be hurried and pressed, if you stay your soul on God, nothing can keep you from that clearness of spirit which is life and peace. In that stillness you will know what His will is.” Amy Carmichael

I so desperately want to know what God's will is! I'm having a bit of a hard time right now discerning what God's will is. Here's my confession... I've been neglecting my Bible reading lately and my prayer life has been pretty shallow. Confessing that is not the hard part. How do I fix it? I seriously do not know how to get out of this rut! I'm just stuck! I want to read my Bible everyday and get something from it but I don't. I want to be a prayer warrior and reach God for people and have a clear communication line with God but it's not like that. What do I do?
I'm so confused about what the Lord wants for my life. I still don't know if being in the ministry is the what the Lord wants. I can't imagine any other life but then if you knew my spiritual life you would know that I'm probably not ministry material. I can't even be consistent with my Bible reading for a week straight and haven't led someone to the Lord in a long while.
There is also a person in my life right now that I'm not sure is supposed to be there but I'm not sure what to do about it. I like them being there.... a lot! But I don't know if it's good for me nor is it what God probably has for me. But then, for certain reasons, I start wondering if it is what He has for me. Why do I get like this. Why can't I just stay close to Him and leave my life in His hands. I don't have peace right now. I feel very lost and confused and it's making me miserable. I need the joy of the Lord back. Does anyone else ever feel this way?
I just want to know what God has for me. I want to be close enough to Him that he doesn't have to scream at me. I want to live my life so that a whisper is enough. It's something that I do truly desire and I'm going to work at. I'll keep you posted.

"There's a place
Of quiet comfort
I know there is Joy
Beyond what I can see
When I am weak
I run to the Savior
I know he in all his love
Will lead me

Lead me to the rock
That is higher than I
Lead me to the fountain
That never shall run dry
Lead me when my soul is faint
And I ask "Why"
Lead me, Lord, Lead On

When the path
Ahead is stormy
When the waves
That surround overwhelm
When your life
Keeps on tossing, rolling, turning
I know he, in all his strength
Will lift you high"
The Hooker Sisters

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Try praying and fasting til you have peace about the situation. Often times we say we don't know what the right thing to do is but that is not usually the case. We know - we are just resisting doing what is right because we don't like it or want to accept it. It is always much easier to say spiritual sounding things or give spiritual advice to others than to actually live them ourselves. What would you tell someone else that needed help in this situation? That is what you need to do. When we don't have peace, the best thing to do is nothing til we have peace. Don't move forward til you do.

Calvary said...

I thought I had God's will for my life all figured out. Then my Father felt called to preach and we moved about 2 months later. I was so mixed up. I knew where I wanted to go to college and where I was going to live. God changed all that for me.
I also find that when it's hard to spend time with God, I go to a familiar place in the Bible. A place that always encourages you.
I'll be praying that everything works out for you.

Jen said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I know exactly how you feel. I've been there... a couple times actually... where I thought I had my life all figured out and then God completely changed my plans. I will take your advice about spending time with the Lord too. :) Hopefully my posts can get encouraging again soon.