Thursday, July 24, 2008

Getting back where I need to be

"I've heard it said that a day of worry
Is rougher than a week of working hard
I've looked too long at what concerns me
Instead of just looking at who you are
I'm gonna start trusting in your timing
And trusting in your love
Cuz as long as my life is in your hands
I'm gonna be taken care of

No more lettin' the clouds of tomorrow
Steal the sunshine of today
No more living in fear and sorrow
For what hasn't come my way
No more lookin' for trouble to borrow
Gonna take what comes with faith
No more lettin' the clouds of tomorrow
Steal the sunshine of today

You tell me to cast my cares upon you
In everything I do I always see
That even before I ask you, Jesus
You know what I need
Cuz you care for me
There's so much that you've shown me lately
Reminding me again
It's an old, old truth that worry ends
Where trusting you begins"
Legacy 5

I've been praying and reading my Bible the past couple of days and I really feel like I know what I need to do... the first step anyways. I was begging the Lord to show me something and I ended up in Isaiah 58. (Isaiah is one of my favorite books in the Bible... practically the whole thing is underlined.) This chapter is talking about the proper way to fast and then in verses 8-10 it explains how to hear from the Lord when you are praying about something and fasting. It says, basically, that you need to get rid of the things that are enslaving you and distracting you and keeping you from a right relationship with Him and then get the focus off of yourself and focus on helping others. Then it says in verse 11 that if we do this then the Lord will guide us continually. That was such a blessing to me. So now I know what I need to do. I have to get rid of the things in my life that are distracting me, as much as it's going to hurt and focus on helping other people. So that's what I'm going to do. Then, I'm praying that the Lord will be able to speak to me and guide me and show me what the next step in my life is.

2 comments:

Calvary said...

Hey! Thanks. I like your page too! I go to Calvary Baptist Church (calvaryofsanford.org)
I'm praying about Heartland for College. I'm going to be a freshman in High school this year. (this is my first time going to a Christian School) (I've always been home schooled)
So, What is Heartland like?

Calvary said...

Good For you Jen! I've been praying for you. No matter how hard it is, you're doing the right thing.