Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Joshua's specific calling

Dad preached tonight on Joshua. I can honestly say that Joshua has always been one of my favorite characters in the Bible if not my number one favorite. There are others that come in close behind but I love the courageous attitude Joshua had.
Dad preached about Joshua's calling and assurance. My favorite part was when he talked about how Joshua's calling was a personal calling. God specifically called a man to do a specific job. Every person who is saved was saved for a specific mission in life. Think about that. God has a specific mission for you to complete. It's different for everyone but there are certain people that God has planned for you and I to meet and to make a difference in their life. Now, what would happen if we were so far from God that we never took the opportunities that he gave us to touch someone else's life. Then that person may not be able to reach the ones that God had for them to reach and the domino effect begins.
It is so exciting to me that God has a special purpose for my life. He has a specific church he wants me to be part of and minister in (in some way or another, even if it's just through a bus route or something) and a specific mate that he wants me to be a supporter of and specific friends he wants me to be an encouragement to and specific enemies that he wants me to be an example to. He has people set in my path years and years from now who will need me specifically and whatever talents or experience God has given me specifically. Perhaps there are young girls right now who will someday be in my husband's youth department and they will someday need encouragement from me. Maybe they are girls that God knows only I could reach, maybe because of an experience I have had to go through or because of something I've had to learn. (Of course it will be the Lord working through me, not my own greatness by any means!) That's just a "for instance"... I have no idea what the Lord has planned for my life. But think about it... The people God has for me to meet down the road need me to be in my Bible daily. They need me to not get mixed up in the wrong kind of music and they certainly need me to stay focused and not get side-tracked by the wrong guy!
I'm so glad God has a special, specific purpose and plan for each of our lives. Take a minute and think about what it could be for you and see if it doesn't encourage you to live for Him!
"What the world requires of the Christians is that they should continue to be Christians."
- Samuel Adams

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Keep that thought!

You are being tagged! That means you need to do a "Meme". Post 6 quirky things about you and tag some others.
Mom