Friday, July 25, 2008

Occupying my mind

I remembered something else I wanted to talk about...
I was really worried about going to sleep last night because I knew my mind was going to want to wander to that person that I'm supposed to be trying to get out of my mind. I had told myself, and been told by others, that I have to MAKE myself not think of him. But I was worried that I would not be able to think of anything else. I didn't know how to make myself not think of something. So I read a Psalm right before bed and I read Psalm 105:4- Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
For some reason that jumped out at me. It was like the Lord said, "yeah, if you try to lay down and go to sleep and not think of him on your own, you won't be able to do it. You need me!" He showed me how to do it. He showed me that to keep my mind off of that guy, I have to keep my mind on Him... seek Him, seek His face. And I must have His strength. I can't do it alone.
I kept repeating that verse to myself until I fell asleep and I'm telling you the honest truth- I didn't think of that guy even once! And I honestly had a wonderful, peaceful night's sleep. Better than I've had in a long time. ( I usually toss and turn a lot)
It may sound cheesy but the Lord really did something great for me last night! I love Him!

1 comment:

Calvary said...

The Lord is good! I love him too!